- This event has passed.
Kids Culinary Boot Camp! 2020 – Week 1 @ 10 AM
June 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until June 19, 2020
Monday: Knife Skills & Kitchen Safety
Learn your way around the kitchen, how to hold a knife and practice all of the essential knife cuts. Be introduced to all different ways of cooking food from the stove top to the oven all while learning how to do it safely!
- Learn to Chop while making Stocks!
- Homemade Grilled Vegetable Flatbreads
- Throw-Together Salad with Creamy Vinaigrette
- Intro to Baking: Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tuesday: Soups & Salad
Start off simple with the basics: soup and salad. Learn how to make a soup with a clear broth. Then, jump over to the cold world of salad and learn how to make a creamy dressing and a traditional vinaigrette and the differences between a mixed and composed salad.
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Caesar Salad with Homemade Parmesan Garlic Dressing
Wednesday: Saute & Stir Fry
Things start heating up while we learn how to saute and stir fry on the stove top! Learn the European techniques of how to make a simple pasta, a tasty pan sauce then move over to Asia to learn how to master the heat of a wok!
- Pasta Carbonara with Homemade Fettuccini
- Chicken Marsala with Cheese Risotto
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Citrus-Soy Dressing
Thursday: Bake & Broil
Move down to the ovens to make sweet and savory dishes! Learn how to use an oven for every meal from a frittata for breakfast, a chicken for dinner, and a delicious chocolate cake for dessert!
- How to Roast a Chicken with Oven Potatoes
- Simple Fritatta
- Double Chocolate Cake
Friday: Grill & Fry
Believe it or not, things get hotter in the kitchen! Learn how to safely work with the open flame of a grill and the heat of a fryer! Learn how to make a Juicy burger, along with how to use a fryer to make tasty desserts!
- Turkey Burgers with Onion Rings
- Carne Asada Street Tacos and Pico de Gallo
- Mexican Cinnamon Churros with Caramel Sauce