- This event has passed.
Beginner Fundamentals Series: Teens and Adults (October)
October 16 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
A 4-Class Series occurs every Saturday (2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd) in the month of October.
CLASS 1 KNIFE SKILLS, SOUPS & SALAD
Learn how to hold a knife and practice essential knife cuts. Start off easy with the most basic: soup! Learn how to make a soup with a clear broth and a creamy chowder. Jump over salad and learn how to a traditional vinaigrette and the differences between a mixed and composed salad.
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Corn Chowder
- Simple Green Salad with 2 Salad Dressings
- Salad Niçoise with Vinaigrette
CLASS 2 SAUTÉ & STIR FRY
Things heat up as we learn how to sauté and stir fry on the stove! Learn Italian techniques to make a simple pasta, French techniques to make a tasty pan sauce, and then move over to Asia to learn how to master the heat of a wok!
- Linguine Carbonara with Pantry Staples
- One Skillet Lasagna
- Sauteed Chicken Piccata
- Beef Broccoli Stir Fry with Black Pepper Sauce
CLASS 3 BAKE & BROIL
Move down to the ovens to make sweet and savory dishes! Learn how to use an oven for every meal from a frittata for breakfast, a chicken for dinner, and best chocolate chip cookies ever for dessert!
- Garlic & Herb Roast Chicken
- Tray Bake Dinner Roast Chicken & Charred Salsa
- Moroccan Salmon
- Cheddar, Bacon, and Potato Frittata
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
CLASS 4 GRILL & FRY
Believe it or not, things get hotter in the kitchen! Learn how to safely work with the open flame of a grill and the heat of a fryer. Learn how to make a juicy burger along with how to use a fryer to make fresh chips and tasty desserts!
- Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onions
- Grilled Pork Kebabs on Cilantro Rice
- Carne Asada Street Tacos with Homemade Chips and Pico de Gallo
- Churros with Caramel Sauce
October 22 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
October 23 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
October 29 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm